* Estimated shipping rate for US 48 states. Final rate calculated at checkout.
|Home » |
Evolutionary Biology and Human Health
Includes recorded lectures by some of the world's most eminent biologists, many with combined audio, video, slides and transcripts.
The sessions included on the DVD-ROM are:
1. Comparative Genome Sequencing: Using Evolution to Decode the Human Genome
Presented by: Eric Green, National Institutes of Health
2. The Evolution of Emerging Viruses
Presented by: Edward Holmes, The Pennsylvania State University
Modeling the Emergence of Infectious Diseases
Presented by: Rustom Antia, Emory University
3. Computational Methods for Enabling Gene Mapping in Natural Populations and
Presented by: Carlos Bustamante, Cornell University
4. A Mitochondrial Paradigm of Metabolic and Degenerative Diseases, Cancer and Aging: A Dawn for Evolutionary Medicine
Presented by: Douglas C. Wallace, University of California
5. Genetic Variation and Adaptation in Africa: Implications for Human Evolution and Disease
Presented by: Sarah Tishkoff, University of Maryland
6. Evolutionary Dynamics of Cancer
Presented by: Martin Nowak, Harvard University; Panel Discussion
Jay Labov, Joann Boughman, Stephen J. O'Brien, Martin Nowak, Sarah
7. Darwinian Medicine is Flowering. How can we help it set seed?
Presented by: Randolph Nesse, The University of Michigan
Both MAC and PC compatible
Slides synchronized with video
Follow along with transcripts of the lectures
Average Customer Review:
( 0 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.