* Estimated shipping rate for US 48 states. Final rate calculated at checkout.
|Home » |
Climate, Environment, and Infectious Diseases
Includes recorded lectures by some of the world's most eminent biologists, many with combined audio, video, slides and transcripts.
The sessions included on the DVD-ROM are:
1. Keynote Speaker
Presented by: Terry L. Maple, Palm Beach Zoo; Co-author with Newt Gingrich of A Contract with the Earth
2. Global Warming: The Threat to Life
Presented by: James E. Hansen, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
3. Environmental Determinants of Lyme Disease Risk
Presented by: Durland Fish, Yale University
4. The Public Health Response to Climate Change
Presented by: Howard Frumkin, National Center for Environmental Health
5. Climate Change: A Cause In Search of Effects?
Presented by: David Rogers, University of Oxford
6. How Could Climate Change Affect Avian Influenza?
Presented by: Stephen Morse, Columbia University
7. Disentangling the Role of Climate, Immunity, and Biotic Interactions in the Dynamics of Infectious Diseases
Presented by: Andrew Dobson, Princeton University
8. The 20th Century Emergence and Spread of Epidemic Dengue/Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever: Is Climate or Environmental Change Responsible?
Presented by: Duane J. Gubler, University of Hawaii
9. Endnote Speaker
Presented by: Rita R. Colwell, University of Maryland College Park
10. Special Session Science and Society: The Art of Communication
Presented by: Ira Flatow, host of NPR's Talk of the Nation; Robert Morris, author of The Blue Death: Disease, Disaster, and the Water We Drink; Kim Stanley Robinson, author of Sixty Days and Counting
Both MAC and PC compatible
Slides synchronized with video
Follow along with transcripts of the lectures
Average Customer Review:
( 0 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.